puroresu.com puroresu.com

Web   puroresu.com

TOTW for 01/29: Keiji Mutoh 1st and current

Another week, another TOTW I apologise for the slight delay this week, my CPU fan died on me last night before I could get TOTW done. Thankfully my system noted the loss of fan and shut itself down instantly so nothing got fried, but it was too late to go out and get a new one so I've had to borrow one while I wait for one I've ordered in the meantime to turn up. Anyway, that's quite enough waffle for now, time to get down to business.
    A combined total of 7 people voted for this week's TOTW which, as you will have noticed, is Keiji Mutoh's first and current themes.

His first theme is not Europe - The Final Countdown as most people tend to think, but a song called "Champion At Heart" from an old film which (as far as I can tell) is called "Champion Hawk". Information on said film can be found at http://cinema.media.iis.u-tokyo.ac.j...e.cgi?mid=9571 and http://store.yahoo.co.jp/digiconeiga/pibf-1268.html for those of you who can read Japanese. There's not an awful lot I can say about it really, other than it's a pop/rock song sung in English and the song title pretty much explains what it's about As an entrance theme, I guess it's not bad and I suppose it would fit the image of a new upstart looking to make a name for himself.http://puroresu.webhop.net/totw2901a.zip

Next up is Mutoh's current theme ("Trans Magic") from the recently released AJPW album. I think the best way I can describe "Trans Magic" is AJPW's attempt at an "Outbreak" style tune. It certainly manages to live up to that description but I don't think it turned out quite as good as Outbreak did. That being said, it has grown on me somewhat during the last week, especially the guitar solo bit that kicks in around the 2:30 mark or thereabouts. I'm interested to see what AJPW have done with the Muta and Kokushi themes now that I've heard this, I might try and pick up the album in a week or two and find out. http://puroresu.webhop.net/totw2901b.zip

That's your lot for this week, next week will be the combo themes although I haven't decided which ones yet. Have a good one people, and I'll see you next time.

The Phoenix
    "Time changes every man. Unusual circumstances change them in unusual ways."

As someone kindly pointed out to me, the themes are the opposite way around to how I'd listed them. Consider it fixed

The Phoenix

Don't know why there ain't nobody replying your thread, but hey, thanks for the themes.

Now, can i get songs from Bob Sapp's new album?
    -Muiyan

You're welcome I'm not sure either, but that's the way these things go sometimes. To be honest, I'm just glad the TOTW vote got some votes at all because when I initially put it up, I was a little worried no-one would vote at all As for the Bob Sapp album, I don't have any sort of info on it at all at the moment but I'm keeping an eye open.

The Phoenix

Oh, don't get the idea that your efforts aren't appreciated, I love the themes you put up weekly (well, weekly in theory, anyway ). Keep up the good work!
    Signature pending.

*grin* I can see that just by looking at the server logs And yes, it is going to be on a weekly basis from here on. Last year was probably a strong case of neat idea but the wrong time to do it. Still, got all kinds of fun stuff planned for this year, including the website...

The Phoenix

You should put the theme Great Muta used in during his nWo period and in certain matches (Muta vs. Liger)
    Apparently the youngest puromark on the forum :/

---The Finnish Dragon---
    Pure puroresu since 1988

Yoo..

Thanks Phoenix...

Hope you offer more themes per week..

Thanks Phoenix..

And I agree, if we can get some of the DECENT Muta themes (aka: Not the latest) that would be cool..

Two replies for the price of one...

Scalian: It's staying at two per week for now for varying reasons, the least of which is that it's easier for me and I only have a limited amount of webspace to play with

Spunkwhy: I actually kinda like the new Muta theme to a certain extent. I agree the older ones are better though. My personal favourite is the one he had around '97 or so which featured on the NJPW 25th Anniversary album ("Kyosokyoku - Theme of Great Muta"). In second place would be the Muta theme from 2000 before he left for WCW (The one that can be found on the "Outbreak" album).

The Phoenix