Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
"Toryumon" to "Dragon Gate"
puroresu.com puroresu.com

Web   puroresu.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"Toryumon" to "Dragon Gate"

Toryumon had a press conference along with the founder Ultimo Dragon on 2004/07/05 and announced that the group would be renamed "Dragon Gate" by "graduating" from the Ultimo Dragon Gym. The UDG Title also will be vacant and renamed.

[source: Nikkan Sports]

R.I.P Toryumon, Hello Dragon Gate.

Well after UD joined the WWE, you had to have seen this coming.
    "I'm not going to call an ambulance, because if I do you will have learned nothing"-Family Guy

Also all of the original students of Ultimo have been declared fully graduated and are now not affialiated with Ultimo.
    I have lot all my respect for my namesake...there I would like to be known as WilliamsFan from now on...I feel disgraced with the name of Edge on me...

My Media List

http://www.freewebtown.com/edgehead1...titled38fq.jpg

It makes sense, but I still kind of find it a bummer. Oh well, at least their not folding or anything...

Better to change name than fold. But if they did where would all of the roster go?
    "I'm not going to call an ambulance, because if I do you will have learned nothing"-Family Guy

well probably to mpro, z1, & other indys with the creme of the crop riseing up to new japan

I could see CIMA, Milano and a couple other wreslters end up in NJ, AJ will pick up a couple, Mpro will abosrb a lot of them and Vinnie mac would pick some up as well.
    I have lot all my respect for my namesake...there I would like to be known as WilliamsFan from now on...I feel disgraced with the name of Edge on me...

My Media List

I don't undestand...

Are they just not going to be putting on shows anymore, or are they putting them on under the name "Dragon's Gate"? What lead to this decision? Is the school still open? Does anyone have any details?
    Proud enough for you to call me arrogant
    Greedy enough to be labeled a thief
    Angry enough for me to go and hurt a man
    Cruel enough for me to feel no grief...

Ok Dragon gate will be putting on shows, with the Japan and the T2P wrestlers, while the X wrestlers and the school will remain with Toryumon in Mexico.

My Media List

Those guys should just go to Mexico if they can't find work in Japan. I'd hate to see talent waisted in America again...
    Want good Puroresu Tapes?
    http://www.geocities.com/ludstapes
    Luds :Þ

I was wondering if this whole thing was amicable or not. From what I gather in this report, it is.
    Choose yer poison: WEBLOG * POSTERS * ONLINE PORTFOLIO

From what I've read, they're going to be putting shows on in a giant tent called the "Dragon Gate Arena". A giant tent...

Can't say I like that idea...I say steal Delfin Arena!!!

Last edited by The Suicide Machine; 2004-07-16 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Suicide Machine
    From what I've read, they're going to be putting shows on in a giant tent called the "Dragon Arena". A giant tent...

Can't say I like that idea...I say steal Delfin Arena!!!

Giant tent? I thought they had their own arena? Why are they in a tent?

if you can't pay the rent, you sleep in a tent

there is a theatre here in my town that played in a huge tent after the council cut their budget and they couldn't afford a venue. i really liked it, but they are now back in some building i haven't seen yet.

Toyumon has changed it's name to Dragon Gate as it was said above... They have also renamed Uno Dos Tres Toryumon to Dragon Gate: Door Of The Dragon.