Minoru Suzuki was cool even after losing the hair match. He refused to sit on the chair Goto brought to the ring. Instead, he took the clipper away from Goto, sat down on the chair he brought from outside the ring, and start cutting the hair by himself rather than letting Goto do it. Japanese commentators compared his action to seppuku (better known to Americans as harakiri) while English broadcasting team said "You know, that was the deal." or something like that. I can't blame them for that, but it would have been better if they could explain the cultural aspect of it.

Since I don't follow the backstage news/gossips these days, I really don't know what kind of deal Chris Jericho has with New Japan. I liked his match with Kenny Omega, but I wanna see their match with regular rules (not No DQ) if there will be another one.

I gotta be honest here. I'm NOT an Okada fan. I don't know what it is, but there's something about him that annoys me.

OTOH, I am a Naito fan. I thought and hoped he'd win the title.

However, after he lost, I thought it was a right decision to let Okada keep the title. Here's why.

As far as I know, it was the first Wrestle Kingdom since New Japan started gaining serious attentions from all over the world (not just hardcore wrestling fans around the world) with coverage by ESPN, Rolling Stone, Sports Illustrated, etc. Addition of Jericho to the card gave even bigger publicity to this year's event.

Naito is probably the most popular wrestler in Japan right now, and many thought he'd win the title, but with Okada retaining the title, New Japan was able to showcase their current ace to the world.

Naito's post match backstage interview was really cool too.

I hope New Japan to continue providing the serious alternative to the fans in the world.