puroresu.com puroresu.com

Web   puroresu.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hayabusa's Current Condition/Status

Has anyone heard anything new since the last update? I know I haven't, but I really wanna know if he's been able to move any more or not. My girlfriend and I were both analysis the photos and all that and we're both guessing that the spinal cord is just severely bruised and he should be up and about within the next few months once swelling an all that goes down...

That's not to say he'll be at 100%, we have no doubt that he broke his neck, but the way he landed just didn't seem like it did all the damage people thought it did... Just a hunch I guess

FIRST since I ain't been here in a while I'm kinda behind. To the Kraze; I agree on that last statement you made about that dude who dosen't care. Next to that dude talkin trash about backyard wrestlers; I guarantee if you saw one of my "performances" you'd agree otherwise. Did you ever see solid chain wrestling for 30 minutes? Anyway I too have seen the pics and do not know any updates. I have heard Hayabusa had moved his knees so at least there is SOME recovery.

He will be transferred to a new hospital with a rehab facility this or next week. Other than that, not much change since I last reported.

[source: FMW Official Site]

Cool, I'm glad to see that someone on this board actually likes to give updates...

I stated this before in another thread, but by looking at the pictures and such (since I still have not been able to obtain a video clip) that Hayabusa's neck may have been broken, but it may be doubtful that he actually snapped the spinal cord...

Saying that in layman's terms.. The paralisis is only temporary... usually caused by swelling and bruising of the spinal cord... Hopefully that will be the case and he'll be able to get back on his feet, and if he wishes, back into a wrestling ring...

Is he in a halo or anything like that? Does anyone know exactly?

KG Guest
    I just want to say that I wish Eiji (Hayabusa) get well wishes and I am praying for him to make a full recovery. I think his spinal cord could be bruised and maybe once the swelling goes down then they will know more. It was a horrible accident and when I heard about it I cried alot. I love Hayabusa with all my heart and I just want him to get better. Forget wrestling now just think about walking and leading a normal life again. Hayabusa rules forever and the Falcon never dies he will fly again.

I speak from experience here...

When I was young and stupid, I let a friend of mine do a move on me into a locker... He locked me in a headlock and attempted to swing me around and smash my head into the locker, while I sold it...

I expected him to step out farther than he did, and when he swung me around, I didn't get my hands up and my head slammed into the locker at full force, sending all my weight into it as well...

The end result was a severe stinger which caused temporary paralisis that lasted over 30 minutes... throughout that time I couldn't feel anything below my neck... After it started to wear off, I regained feeling and slight movement, which then cleared up and allowed me to recover fully...

In Hayabusa's case, him regaining movement in his legs (he did move his knees) is a very good sign that the spinal cord isn't damaged all that badly... The swelling in his neck and the bruising of the cord is what's causing the paralisis state he's in right now... without a doubt, once all that wears off and the swelling goes down even more, he'll regain more and more feeling and movement... I have no doubt that he'll make at least a 90% - 100% recovery and be able to walk again... Infact, I'd go so far as to garunte that much (*** I butchered that spelling...).

KG Guest
    Do you really think Hayabusa can come back and wrestle again? I hope so, I really do not to sound like that is all I want him to do. But I am planning on going to Japan next year and I really would like to see him wrestle in person. I just want him to get better and be able to walk. I love FMW and I think Hayabusa is the best thing to happen to them in a long time. I love to see him wrestle and I still can't believe he missed that move so badly.

I blame the ropes for his condition... way too loose...

Anyways, as far as him coming back to wrestling... he could do it, but it'll take way more than a year... I'd say at least 2 just to get back to normal...

Update on Hayabusa (2001/11/07)

FMW official site reports that Hayabusa started taking more regular meals. He had been only taking light meals everyday.

Thanks from F.M.W.:
    We thank you for your kind e-mails for “Hayabusa” from around the world. “Hayabusa” has been deeply moved with your messages. We appreciate with your support. If you would like to support “Hayabusa”, Please access to fmw@so-net.ne.jp . Our staff will make sure “Hayabusa” will receive all messages.

Current status (2001/11/12)

According to FMW official site, Hayabusa now got cold, and the scheduled transfer to a new hospital has been postponed.

A cold? Crap... That's really gotta throw a boot in someone's... uhh... butt?

Man poor Hayabusa, seems like he couldn't buy any good luck. Well looks like chicken soup is gonna be added to rehab.

If it wasn't already anyways...lol

Current status (2001/12/03)

Originally posted by Hisaharu Tanabe
    According to FMW official site, Hayabusa now got cold, and the scheduled transfer to a new hospital has been postponed.
    His condition has not changed much. He's not yet fully recovered from cold and haven't been transferred to the new hospital.

Update (2002/01/19)

Addition to these news posted by Ganso previously:
    http://puroresu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=234
    http://puroresu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=293

Kodo Fuyuki told Daily Sports Newspaper on the 19th that Hayabusa's hands and legs now move, and as for the legs, he can bent them with his own intention. He's planned to be transferred to a rehab center on the 21st of this month.